If you have been diagnosed or suspect that you have MdDS or Disembarkment Syndrome, sign up for free membership in our private support groups. Two online support groups have been established for people who are interested in discussing MdDS, whether in the US or abroad. You may search and review thousands of messages from those who suffer from MdDS. Within the groups, you will find caring people who understand what it is like to live with this rare disorder; members are from all over the world. Please join us to share and learn from others.
There are two ways to join this private group:
1. Simply send an email addressed to: email@example.com
2. Go to the support group’s home page at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mdds_support/ and click on the link, “Join This Group!”
IMPORTANT: When you receive our request, please provide a brief explanation of your MdDS history such as the length of time you’ve had symptoms, if you have a diagnosis of MdDS, or your reason for seeking membership to our group.
Please note, there is an underscore ‘_’ between mdds and support in the above addresses. It is a required part of the email and URL addresses.
MdDS Friends on Facebook (Closed Group)
Maintained separately from the public page (facebook.com/mddsfoundation.org), the MdDS Friends page is a Closed Group and access is by invitation only.
To request an invitation to the Closed Group, you must have a Facebook profile.
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Go to facebook.com/groups/MdDSfriends/ and click +Join Group.
3. When you receive our response, please provide a brief explanation of your MdDS history such as the length of time you’ve had symptoms, if you have a diagnosis of MdDS, or your reason for seeking membership to our group.
These groups are managed by the Foundation and are for the sole purpose of discussing Mal de Débarquement Syndrome and related issues. Bulk emails and spam will not be tolerated and persons posting such items will be banned from the group. Members of the groups are not permitted to give out member addresses to third parties under any circumstances.
Unaffiliated Support Groups
The MdDS Foundation is recognized in the US as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, subject to strict rules and regulations as set forth by the IRS. Several support groups have been established by individuals which do not meet these regulations and as such may not be included on this website. However, they may be found on Facebook and through most Internet search engines using keyword “MdDS.”