Yoon-Hee Cha, MD (UCLA)
Functional Neuroimaging and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation in Mal de Debarquement
- (Phase I) (Phase II) [LINKS MISSING]
- Phase III initiated to study the effects of rTMS, Jul 2012
- Phase IV will study Functional Neuroimaging and Neuromodulation in MdDS
- PubMed – in process Jan 2013, Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for mal de debarquement syndrome.
Brian Clark, MD (Ohio University)
Role of Intracortical Excitability in Mal de Debarquement Syndrome, Research Study at Ohio University, Dec 2010
[Epub ahead of print], Effects of persistent Mal de debarquement syndrome on balance, psychological traits, and motor cortex excitability, Dec 2012
Mingjia Dai, PhD (Mt. Sinai, NY)
Pilot Study on Mal de Debarquement
Aug 2012 — New study announced; study including participants of all ages to be conducted in The Human Balance Laboratory of Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY. Details available in this PDF.
The study has been completed and findings were published in Frontiers in Neurology, July 2014 (abstract).
- Factors contributing to memory problems in people with MdDS [see update PDF]
- Perceived stigma, illness intrusiveness, illness uncertainty and quality of life in people with MdDS [see update PDF]
- A qualitative investigation looking at the lived experience of individuals with MdDS – this involves being interviewed [see update PDF]
The studies have been completed and findings were published in the Journal of Health Psychology, October 2014 (abstract).